Monday, November 16, 2009

Bintaro Lama

On Thursday November 5th, we went to a little villedge called Vintaro Lama.
It took almost an hour to go there.
As I arrived, something smelled so badly, but I didn't say it in words because i thought its rude.
And I soon found out that fetid smell was coming from a grey river that was flowing next to me.


First, I went to the station called Sand filter.
Women over there told us that a pomp look for water in ground and they filter them through the sand filter to make water cleaner. Those waters are not potable but everyone are using those water for their shower.

Secondly, I went to the station called SODIS.
Woman over there tought us that SODIS is for killing bacteria.
And they also tought us how to fill those petbottles.
First, they wash the bottle with soap and brush. then next, they fill the bottle with clean water making sure there is no air in it. Because if there are air in the bottle then, jerms are going to gather on the bottle.

Third station was called, Water Quality Test. They use few equipments to do this test. They are 3 short tubes and red mater. They connect those 3 tubes together and hold the bottom part, check if they can see a little mark at the bottom. If they can see, that means it is a potable water.

After the field trip, I was bit happy. Because I think I've learned a little more than I did at first place.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Pretty good job with this, Yuki, but your third station on the walk does not stand out very well. Did you visit the station where they measured the turbidity? Your last explanation looks like it.