Friday, November 13, 2009

Water Treatment Plant

On Thursday 12th Nov, I went to water treatment plant for studying water.
We looked around stage 1 to stage 6.

In Stage 1, many garbage were removed from the dirty grey river water through coarse and fine filters.

In Stage 2, they add Alumn in water and coagulate the dirts in water.
Dirts got coagulated and made disgusting brown flocs.

In Stage 3, they were making floc away from water to get rid of them.
The water was getting cleaner than the first.

In Stage 4, water was filtered through 1m of sand to make water much cleaner.
The sand was really deep like 6m.

In Stage 5, they were adding chemical to kill bacteria in the water.
If they don't add this special chemical, then people will always get stomachache because of the bacteria. So we have to thank this chemical.
In Stage 6, I saw a big control panel that shows all of information around the water treatment plant. I was overwhelmed by the number of buttons and switches on the panel.

At the end, we saw a little movie that review everything we've saw that day.
After the movie, we got 2 quizes about the movie. I rose my hand to answer the quiz but it was too slow. Sadly, I couldnt get a prize. But it was still fun because I got to know more staffs about water.

No comments: