Friday, October 23, 2009

Sumatra trip diary No.2

On second Sumatra trip day, we got on to the moter boat and explored around the forest, going on the river to ocean for whole day.
That was a long journey. We were on the boat for 9 hours!
At first, I and Miki were enjoying the view of forest on the top of the boat but still, 9 hours were too long, we got bored for few hours and went to sleep.
During the journey, we saw some beautiful colorful birds, monkeys eating bananas, and etc.
Also about 4 hours later, we arrived at the little island that many elderly people live.
Their houses were made by feeble woods and of course there were no TV, air conditioner, refrigerator and all sorts of electricity things they usually need for our usual life.
What I thought about the island was how luxury my life is comparing to theirs and one more was how much the tsunami and earthquakes are horrible for them.
There are no TV. So it must be impossible for them to get information about those disaster or when it will going to happen. If I am one of this island's residence, I think I can't sleep well
of those scare. This sound like a social study class but seriously I think we have to stop the global waring as soon as possible to keep the earth safe.
As I heard, the island's residents eat shells and crabs by doing a fishery.
This is a picture for that fishery and those shells and crabs.
We walked around some more and startled. Because there was a ........ Komodo dragon.
Yes. It was a Komodo dragon. Miki looked a little scared but for me it looked so cute!
Of course I didn't go near it because it must be so fierce.
It looked like the right picture. Isn't it so cute? I said to others. Well, no one agreed though.
After we left the island, we saw many jellyfishes in the river.

The boat driver caught two of them and put it in the bucket with water.

Those jellyfish's swimming looked so cute like this in right.


After we finished observing those. The driver released it back to river.

I was pretty satisfied because I could see many things. If there was no happening until we get to the start point, it was perfect for me.
But the bad thing happened. Actually only to me.
When everyone were about to get off from the boat, I and Miki were still on the boat.
And at the moment the guide tried to make Miki get off from the boat, his waist hit me and because of his weight came to our side of the boat, I lost my balance and AAHHH......! PLOP!
I fall in to the river. It was like a cartoon's one scene.
When I got back on the boat. Everyone were laughing at me. Also the guide who is the ringleader of this happening was laughing. Seriously, it is not funny for me !

No comments: