Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sumatra Trip! No.1 (first day)

From last Sunday 18th October to yesterday, 21th October Wednesday,
I went to Sumatra with my mom, my JIS 8th grade Japanese friend Miki and
her mother.
And I am going to tell you how fun the trip was.


18th October... On the way to our hotel from the airport,
I found a Sumatra's traditional house.
It was like the picture in right.
As you look at this picture, the house was propped up by some rocks!
If all the houses are like this, it convinces me that many many houses got destroyed because of the earthquake on few days ago that I told you on my last blog post.

And we went a little forward, we found a durian store.

It looked like left picture.
On the Japanese magazine, it said that the Sumatra durians are not same as the one in Jakarta and they are really delicious. But when I smelled it, it just smelled the same as the Jakarta durians. I wondered what was the difference. Well, we just bought one anyway.

Our
hotel was called Eco Lodge. The reason why this hotel have this strange name was because the hotel (actually doesn't really look like hotel) is doing ecology as the name says. Of course there were many other hotels around Sumatra but we went ahead to try the little ecology life anyway.

When we checked in, we soon discussed about what we will do today.
At last, we decided to walk through the night dark jungle to look at those night birds.
As we walk thorough, there were deep dark precipices and rugged crags.
So a normal night walk had changed to a little exploration.

And we found a big, tall, watch house for a field. It was for watching wild elephants not to run into the field. It looked like the right picture.

I and Miki got to go in to it. Inside, it was covered with old cloths and it was pretty uncomfortable.

I wondered how they are going to escape if the wild elephant try to attack them.


After all, we walked for 1 hour and half but we couldn't find any animal except for frog, grass hopper, and cricket. It was little disappointing but it was still fun.

After that, in my plan, I eat a delicious dinner, take a hot shower and go to sleep.
But it didn't happen. Dinner was okay, but the shower was a big problem.
However long I wait, it didn't get warm! Because of that, we all had to go back and forth, back and forth to look for the room we can get a warm shower.
About 30min after, we finally found a room to take a warm shower.But still, it was not working well, it kept on changing the temperature!
At last we had to wash our hear with cold water. It was horrible.

After the shower happening, in Miki and her mother's room, the ants and a little cockroach came and we had a problem again!
When I get to sleep, it was already 11:30p.m. I was really tired.

No comments: